Virtual Group Zwift Rides - 2023
Here’s the Deal:
–> Do the planned trainer ride created by Coach Elizabeth ... OR
–> Whatever your coach or training plan says… OR
–> "Free Ride" and change our gears as you see fit
REGARDLESS of what you decide to do, we'll have it set so YOU WILL STAY WITH THE GROUP within Zwift.
This is FREE and OPEN to ALL CURRENT RTA CLUB MEMBERS.
Workouts will be done based on:
– % of FTP (functional threshold power) so consider doing an FTP test in advance if necessary.
… & we’ll include cadence targets as well
- You need to be on Zwift (it's a nominal monthly subscription & you can cancel at anytime).
- Workouts will be approximately 60 minutes and will slowly increase week over week.
- ALL fitness and ability levels are welcome. Feel free to ride shorter or longer if you wish (ZERO judgement)
- While a “smart trainer” (i.e. Wahoo Kickr, Tacx, CycleOps H3 Smart Trainer, ect) is ideal, ANY bike trainer will work. Don't have a smart trainer? Here's something that will help get you set up.
- Workouts will be given in Power (watts) based off of what you have your FTP set at. More help here. If you're an RTA coached athlete, make sure your FTP reflects you most recent test numbers. Contact Coach E if you have questions.
- DON’T BE LATE. The ride WILL start without you, and sadly you will be left behind (sorry!). UPDATE: You can now actually join up to 30 minutes late, BUT you may not be doing the actual workout in sync with the rest of the group.
- Bring a POSITIVE ATTITUDE... this is one of the things you truly CAN control
Just as we have done in the past, we will create and share the ride files (AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST) created by Coach Elizabeth. This way, if you have Zwift, you can program the workout for the ride or you can use the file to do on your own when it’s more convenient.
[RTA Coached athletes can skip this step. The ride should show up in your Training Peaks folder within Zwift just like the the rest of your rides]
RIDE FILES WILL BE POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. We will alert you via the Team App once they are posted.
TTeam IN ADVANCE OF THE RIDE:
1. You MUST follow Coach Chris (Zwift: Chris Kaplanis #RTAtri). This allows him to send the invite. You'll do this using the Zwift Companion App (the light blue one). Need Help? Watch this :15 sec video. Adding #RTATRI at the end of your name will help us and others identify you.
2. Download the Zwift workout file below AND import the file to Zwift.
You'll need to go to the "Zwift" folder on your computer THEN the "Workout" folder THEN Zwift ID folder and paste the downloaded workout here.
-->Zwift workout files are saved under Documents/Zwift/Workouts/YourZwiftID as “.zwo” files.
HELP: HERE'S SOME MORE HELP.
After the you do this, the ride file will be found in the "Custom Workouts" tab within Zwift. We recommend checking inside Zwift to ensure you did it correctly, especially the first time.
**If you're an RTA Coached Athlete this will show up in your Zwift Training folder within the app just like with all of your other bike workouts.
3. On the day of the ride, get on Zwift a few minutes early to ensure everything's good and ready to go at ride time.
MEET UP INSTRUCTIONS -- READ CAREFULLY:
To join the Meet up... go into Zwift:
1. Click RIDE
2. Click "Join the meet up"
(YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU SELECT THE WORKOUT FILE)...Then you'll be riding in place on a bike trainer (virtually) along with everyone else prior to the start.
3. Select Ride File (if you want to do the planned workout, ... you don't have to... you can ride as you please or choose a different workout)
Once your Avatar is with the zwift world... CLICK --> MENU --> Workouts --> Custom Workouts --> "Name Of This Week's Workout"
4. Begin pedaling and start warming up. At the time of the START OF THE RIDE, YOU MUST BE PEDALING.
(we will set up the Meet Up)
QUESTIONS, comments or suggestions... please comment below or contact Chris directly.
RIDE FILES & DATES:
1st Time? --> TEST THIS IN ADVANCE if it's your first time doing this...
i.e. download and make sure it appears in your "Custom Workouts" within Zwift. Need help?)
Saturday, 1/14/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 1.14.23
Saturday, 1/21/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 1.21.23
Saturday, 1/28/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 1.28.23 (87 min.)
Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 2.4.23 (92 min.)
Saturday, 2/11/23 @ 8:30AM - NEED A SUBSTITUTE RIDE LEADER
Saturday, 2/18/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 2.18.23 (1 hr 42 min)
Saturday, 2/25/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 2.25.23 (1 hr 50 min)
Saturday, 3/4/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 3.4.23 (2 hrs)
Saturday, 3/11/23 @ 8:30AM - NEED A SUBSTITUTE RIDE LEADER
Saturday, 3/18/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 3.18.23 (2 hrs)
Saturday, 3/25/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 3.25.23 (2hr 5 min)
Saturday, 4/1/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 4.1.23
Saturday, 4/8/23 @ 8:30AM - Team RTA Group Ride 4.8.23
Comments are closed.