After polling the Team, we have decided to offer mostly Saturday morning rides (8:30AM) with a couple mid-week rides potentially thrown in the mix.
If you would like to be a ride leader for a mid week ride or an alternate ride lead for Saturdays, please email Chris for more info. There wouldn't be much required, other than "inviting" those interested and of course your attendance.
Rides are for current Team RTA Club members.
Want to join? More info HERE.
Here’s the Deal:
–> This can be your Workout of the Day… OR
–> If you have other workouts on your training schedule, this can be used as a BONUS WORKOUT session to help boost your cycling endurance & power… OR
–> Do your planned trainer ride and simply enjoy the company :)
These rides will be geared toward triathletes and cyclist … in other words, not what you would expect in a typical “spin class.”
This is FREE and OPEN to ALL CURRENT RTA CLUB MEMBERS.
Workouts will be done based on:
– % of FTP (functional threshold power)
… & we’ll include cadence targets as well
- You need to be on Zwift (it's a nominal monthly subscription & you can cancel at anytime).
- Workouts will be approximately 60 minutes.
- ALL fitness and ability levels are welcome. Feel free to ride shorter or longer if you wish (ZERO judgement)
- While a “smart trainer” (i.e. Wahoo Kickr, Tacx, CycleOps H3 Smart Trainer, ect) is ideal, ANY bike trainer will work. Don't have a smart trainer? Here's something that will help get you set up.
- Workouts will be given in Power (watts) based off of what you have your FTP set at. More help here. If you're an RTA coached athlete, make sure your FTP reflects you most recent test numbers.
- You can do THE workout planned by Coach Chris & Elizabeth OR another workout OR simply ride along. We will make the settings in Zwift as such so everyone stays together REGARDLESS of workout, speed, power, ect.
- DON’T BE LATE. The ride WILL start without you, and sadly you will be left behind (sorry!). UPDATE: You can now actually join up to 30 minutes late, BUT you may not be doing the actual workout in sync with the rest of the group.
- Bring a POSITIVE ATTITUDE... this is one of the things you truly CAN control
Just as we have done in the past, we will create and share the ride files (AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST) created by Coach Elizabeth. This way, if you have Zwift, you can program the workout for the ride or you can use the file to do on your own when it’s more convenient. [Coached athletes can skip this step. The ride should show up in your Training Peaks folder within Zwift just like the the rest of your rides]
RIDE FILES WILL BE POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. We will alert you via the Team App once they are posted.
IN ADVANCE OF THE RIDE:
1. You MUST follow Coach Chris (Zwift: Chris Kaplanis #RTAtri). This allows him to send the invite. You'll do this using the Zwift Companion App (the light blue one). Need Help? Watch this :15 sec video. Adding #RTATRI at the end of your name will help us and others identify you.
2. Download the Zwift workout file below AND import the file to Zwift. You'll need to go to the "Zwift" folder on your computer THEN the "Workout" folder and paste the downloaded workout here. HERE'S SOME MORE HELP. ... scroll down to the section: "Sharing and Importing Custom Cycling Files."
After the you do this, the ride file will be found in the "Custom Workouts" tab within Zwift. We recommend checking inside Zwift to ensure you did it correctly, especially the first time.
**If you're an RTA Coached Athlete this will show up in your Zwift Training folder within the app just like with all of your other bike workouts.
3.On the day of the ride, get on Zwift a few minutes early to ensure everything's good and ready to go at ride time.
MEET UP INSTRUCTIONS -- READ CAREFULLY:
To join the Meet up... go into Zwift:
1. Click RIDE
2. Click "Join the meet up"
(YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU SELECT THE WORKOUT FILE)...Then you'll be riding in place on a bike trainer (virtually) along with everyone else prior to the start.
3. Select Ride File (if you want to do the planned workout, ... you don't have to... you can ride as you please or choose a different workout)
MENU --> Workouts --> Custom Workouts --> "Name Of This Week's Workout"
4. Begin pedaling and start warming up. At the time of the START OF THE RIDE, YOU MUST BE PEDALING.
(we will set up the Meet Up)
QUESTIONS, comments or suggestions... please comment below or contact Chris directly.
RIDE FILES & DATES:
1st Time? --> TEST THIS IN ADVANCE if it's your first time doing this...
i.e. download and make sure it appears in your "Custom Workouts" within Zwift. Need help?)
Saturday, 1/29/22 @ 8:30AM - Let it SNOW!
Saturday, 2/5/22 - Descending Resistance
Saturday, 2/12/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_2.12.22
Saturday, 2/19/22 - OFF
Saturday, 2/26/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_2.26.22
Saturday, 3/5/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_3.5.22 - 7am START
Saturday, 3/12/22 - OFF
Saturday, 3/19/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_3.19.22
Saturday, 3/26/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_3.26.22
Saturday, 4/2/22 - OFF (@ KYAH Florida Training Camp)
Saturday, 4/9/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_4.9.22
Saturday, 4/16/22 - Team RTA Group Ride_4.16.22
Saturday, 4/23/22 - OFF
Zoom with us!
Zwift? No Zwift? Smart Trainer? Dumb Trainer?
Make the ride experience more fun by ALSO joining us on Zoom during the ride.
--> Zoom Details in Team App.